An Explanation Of What SSAE16 SOC 2 Audits Are
An SSAE16 SOC 2 Audit is a form of Information Security Assessment in which your IT security safeguards are compared against a set of Trust Service Principles, (TSP’s). TSP’s are accounting standards meant to control the flow of financial information data to, from and within a service organization. In all, there are five different TSP areas upon which a client may choose to audit their systems:
- Security – Ensuring system is guarded against unauthorized use
- Availability – Ensuring the system has a high up-time ration
- Processing Integrity – Ensuring system processing produces expected results, quickly, as authorized
- Confidentiality – Ensuring information classified as Confidential is properly secured
There are two types of SOC 2 Audits:
- Type 1 – A “point in time” security controls and information security assessment
- Type 2 – A test of the system, its procedures and policies over an extended period of time
The Many Benefits Of SSAE16 SOC 2 Audits
If you are unsure about whether or not your company needs an SSAE16 SOC 2 Audit, it may be wise to first check if your company ever purchased a SAS70 Audit. SSAE16 SOC 2 Audits have replaced SAS70 Audits, so if you have had the former audit type in the past, continuing that audit practice with an SSAE16 SOC 2 Audit is probably the best decision for your company. Also, don’t forget that even if regulations do not require the completion of this type of assessment, high-profile customers might as well. People and businesses want to know that the information they are providing to you will be every bit as secure as your own information is.
Another benefit of an SSAE16 SOC 2 Audit from Ezentria is that upon completion you will know exactly how your systems measure up to the components of the SSAE 16 SOC 2 standards. Also, it is important to remember that this type of audit is different than a full Information Security Assessment. As such, it is often purchased in conjunction with one or more of our other services and training options.